Welcome & Introductions
Carlos Rosario, Coordinator of City Advocacy, BOOM!Health
, Bronx Hep C Task Force Chair - firstname.lastname@example.org
Nirah Johnson, NYC Health Department Viral Hepatitis - email@example.com
Get Involved! NY State Hep C Advocacy
Matt Curtis, Policy Director, VOCAL-NY
for information on the newly formed New York State Hepatitis C Coalition
, the sign up form, and details about their 5 current policy recommendations:
- Invest in scaling up prevention, care, and treatment infrastructure to end New Yorkâ€™s Hepatitis C epidemic by increasing funding to $20 million.
- Fully Legalize Syringe Possession and Reform the Expanded Syringe Access Program (S.2220 Rivera/ A.5471 Gottfried)
- Eliminate Medicaid coverage restrictions on new direct acting anti HCV drugs.
- NYS should negotiate discounts with HCV drug manufacturers, and seek to subsequently expand treatment coverage.
- Require the Department of Corrections and Community Supervision and the Department of Health to establish HCV prevention programs in every state prison. (A.4256 Gottfried / S.1017 Montgomery).
NY State Hep C Baby Boomer Testing Law & Implementation
Megan C. Haseltine, LMSW, NYS Department of Health AIDS Institute
Project INSPIRE: Hep C Care Coordination Program at Montefiore and Mount Sinai
- Click here for the slide presentation on the NY State Hep C Baby Boomer Testing Law, including key provisions, impetus, expectations and evaluation of the law.
- See the NYS DOH website on the NYS Testing Law here
Marie Bresnahan Project Director, NYC Health Department
Refer to Inspire in the Bronx!
- Click here for the slide presentation on Project INSPIRE NYC, including goals and major activities, INSPIRE's Hep C Care Coordination Protocol and Hep C Health Promotion Manual, eligibility, referral process, and participating Montefiore clinics in the Bronx.
- Click here for more info on Inpire
- Comprehensive Family Care Center (CFCC)
1621 Eastchester Road, Bronx, NY 10461, 718-405-8040
- Family Care Center (FCC)
3444 Kossuth Avenue, Bronx, NY 10467, 718-920-2273
- Family Health Center (FHC)
360 East 193rd Street, Bronx, NY 10458, 718-933-2400
- West Farms Family Practice (WFFP)
1055 East Tremont Avenue, Bronx, NY 10455, 718-842-8040
- Comprehensive Health Care Center (CHCC)
305 East 161st Street, Bronx, NY 10451, 718-579-2500
- Substance Abuse Treatment Program III (SATP)
2005 Jerome Avenue, Bronx, NY 10453, 718-583-0600
- ID Clinic - Center for Positive Living (CPL)
3444 Kossuth Avenue 3rd Floor, Bronx, NY 10467, 718-920-8542
- Hepatology Clinic (HC)
111 East 210th Street, Bronx, NY 10461, 718-920-4644
NYC Council Funded Hep C Patient Navigation and Hep C Peer Navigation in several program in NYC in FY2015
Check Hep C Programs - Bronx
Hep C Patient Navigation, providing linkage to care and clinical care coordination services
IDUHA Hep C Peer Navigator Programs - Bronx
2015 Bronx Hep C Task Force Planning
Hep C Peer Navigation, providing outreach, health counseling, accompaniment to screening and diagnostic testing and linkage to care
- Current plan is to have 2 Hep C Task Force meetings per year in each borough. Discussed possibility of meeting more frequently.
- Upcoming! Hep C Medications Coverage Training (Prior Authorization, Appeals, Fair Hearing and Patient Assistance Programs) - Stay tuned for date!
New! 2013 NYC Hep B & C Surveillance Report
NYC Health Dept, 2015.
NYC Health Department's latest report containing key findings from hepatitis B and C surveillance data through 2013. View full report .
- Alan Timothy Lunceford Stevens, End AIDS Now, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Antonio Ochua, Latino Commission on AIDS, email@example.com
- Brett Wolfson-Stofko, BOOM!Health, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Bridget Hardy, Quality Specialty Pharmacy, email@example.com
- Carlos Rosario, BOOM!Health, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Chris Cruz, AbbVie, email@example.com
- Costa Kokkinos, NYC DOHMH, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Cynthia Golembeski, The Fortune Society, email@example.com
- Daniel Kirsch, CHIBPS, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Denise Egan, Orasure, email@example.com
- Diedre Wallace-Hines, AHF Pharmacy, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Elizabeth Nieves, Albert Einstein DoSA, email@example.com
- Eric Simmons, Argus Community ACCESS II/III, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Fernando Guzman, Planned Parenthood NYC, email@example.com
- Irene Feldsher, Albert Einstein DoSA, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Irina Zamfir, Bristol Myers Squibb, email@example.com
- Jaqueline Acevedo-Villanueva, LeMed Pharmacy, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Jacqueline Best, BronxWorks, email@example.com
- Javaris Haynes
- Jean Sheridan, Albert Einstein DoSA
- Jeffrey Stanley, AbbVie, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Jessica Chin, Bristol Myers Squibb, email@example.com
- Jorge Reyes, BOOM!Health, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Jose Caraballo, Palladia, email@example.com
- Jose Delgado, Albert Einstein DoSA, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Malta Cirino, Bailey House, email@example.com
- Marie Bresnahan, NYC DOHMH, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Matt Curtis, Policy Director, VOCAL-NY - email@example.com
- Megan Haseltine, NYSDOH, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Nirah Johnson, NYC DOHMH, email@example.com
- Pedro Rosario, Albert Einstein DoSA
- Steven Linick, Echo Pharmacy, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Steven Mangual, LeMed Pharmacy, email@example.com
- Susan Maloney, Bronx Lebanon, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Tammy Knoblauch, Albert Einstein DoSA, email@example.com
- Terrence Brehon, ASCNYC, Derrick@ascnyc.org
- Tim McGee, Albert Einstein DoSA, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Umaima Khatun, NYC DOHMH, email@example.com