Welcome & Introductions
Carlos Rosario, Chair of the Bronx Hep C Task Force (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Nirah Johnson & Daniel Calder, NYC Health Dept (email@example.com) (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Kim Yu, MPH, Project Director, Project INSPIRE
Sheila Reynoso, Outreach Coordinator, Project INSPIRE
End of Hep C Initiative
Carlos Rosario, VOCAL - NY (email@example.com
- Project Inspire is a CMS Health Care Innovations funded comprehensive care coordination program that aims to reduce Hep C related health complications and health care costs.
- The overall goals of Project Inspire is to provide treatment for Hep C to Medicaid and Medicare patients; demonstrate better health outcomes; and demonstrate cost savings.
- To date, the program has enrolled 1,575 patients in the program. To refer to this program call (844) CURE HCV
- For presentation slides, click here
NY City Council Hepatitis B & C Initiative Update
- The New York State Hepatitis C Coalition has released a 2016 State Budget and Legislative platform. For more information and to read the Legislative platform, click here
- The New York State Drug Utilization Board will be convening on April 27 in Albany. VOCAL-NY will be attending the meeting to advocate against Hepatitis C drug coverage restrictions and is providing transportation for those who would like to participate. For more information and to register for a seat on the bus, click here
- VOCAL-NY can provide support for organizations that would like to engage in advocacy. Contact Carlos for more information.
Hep Free NYC Updates
Daniel Calder MPH, NYC Health Department
- Check Hep B and Check Hep C are NYC Council funded patient navigation programs administered by the NYC Health Dept Viral Hepatitis Program. The programs support Patient Navigation, including linkage to care and clinical care coordination services to persons chronically infected with Hep B or C. If you are interested in joining the program, fill out a brief form here
- The NYC Hep C Peer Navigation Program funds all 16 Injection Drug Users Health Alliance (IDUHA) syringe exchange and harm reduction programs to support 1-2 peer navigators to conduct outreach, prevention, linkage to care and rention in care services to people at risk for or living with Hep C. To view recent Task Force presentations on the program, click here
- Empire Liver Foundation Clinical Mentoring program provides free weekly tele-medicine opportunities to community clinical providers (MD, NP, PA). To learn more and sign up, click here
NEW! NYC Health Dept Hep B & C Annual Report (2014). NYC Health Department's latest report containing key hepatitis B and C activities and surveillance data through 2014. View full report.
EpiQuery: NYC Health Dept online data portal.
Training | Hep C Screening and Linkage to Care. Thu, Apr 14 (9 - 5 PM). NYS AIDS Institute.
Meeting | NYC Hep B Coalition. Wed, Apr 27 (3 - 5 PM). 132 West 32nd Street, Manhattan. RSVP.
CME Symposium | HIV and Hep C Symposium. Sat, May 14. Clinical Care Options. For medical providers.
Call for Abstracts | 5th International Symposium on Hepatitis Care in Substance Users. Sep 7-9, Oslo. International Network for Hepatitis in Substance Users. Abstracts due Apr 22, 2016.
Call for Abstracts | 11th National Harm Reduction Conference. Nov 3-6. Harm Reduction Coalition, San Diego,CA. Abstracts due May 1, 2016.
Mobile Health Tools
Text LIVER to 877 877
Learn about Hep B and C risk, find testing and treatment providers in your zip code of choice, and receive healthy liver tips!
The NYC Liver Health App was developed by the NYC Health Department to provide hepatitis B and hepatitis C prevention, screening, care and treatment information and access tools to patients and providers. The NYC Liver Health App is available for free on iPhone and Android. Learn more and download at www.hepfree.nyc
- Ali Dilamani AbbVie firstname.lastname@example.org
- Amiyr Holland Linkage to Care Specialist Brightpoint Health email@example.com
- Angela Acha HCV Community Specialist (Bronx/CT) Gilead firstname.lastname@example.org
- Anisha Lewin Outreach and Engagement Specialist Bailey House email@example.com
- Bridget Hardy Account Manager Quality Specialty Pharmacy, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Carlos Rosario Hep C Organizer VOCAL-NY email@example.com
- Charles Font Client Specialist Argus Community ACCESS II/III firstname.lastname@example.org
- Cheriko Amour Boone Research Coordinator New York University email@example.com
- Christi Klossner Sales Rep AbbVie Christi.firstname.lastname@example.org
- Cinthia Castro Patient Navigator Harlem United Ccastro@harlemunited.org
- Damalia Jackson Associate Director NYC Health and Hospitals Corporation email@example.com
- Daniel Calder Outreach Coordinator DOHMH firstname.lastname@example.org
- Diedre Wallace-Hine Social Worker/Pharmacy Rep AIDS Healthcare Foundation email@example.com
- Dorothy Johnson Linkage to Care Specialist Acacia Network firstname.lastname@example.org
- Doug Reich, MD, Bronx Lebanon email@example.com
- Edward Manchess Director of Harm Reduction Services BOOM!Health firstname.lastname@example.org
- Gail Brown COPE email@example.com
- Healther Anderson Associate Director|FOCUS Regional Lead, New York City Gilead Heather.firstname.lastname@example.org
- Jackie Acevedo-Villanueva Pharmacy Rep LeMed Pharmacy email@example.com
- John Buie Outreach and Engagement Bailey House firstname.lastname@example.org
- Jose Caraballo Senior Director, Community Relations Services for the Underserved (SUS) email@example.com
- Juan Roldan Medical Case Manager Brightpoint Health firstname.lastname@example.org
- Katie Kantha LAS-Intern Legal Aid Society Khantha@legalaid.org
- Kimberly Yu Project Director, Project INSPIRE Montefiore Medical Center email@example.com
- Leanne Demery Program Specialist BronxWorks firstname.lastname@example.org
- Marisa Lelia Behavioral Science Instructor/Social Worker Bronx-Lebanon Hospital Center Department of Family Medicine email@example.com
- Medesa Garrett HCV Coordinator Brightpoint Health firstname.lastname@example.org
- Michael Brown Peer Navigator BOOM!Health email@example.com
- Miguel Calderon Harm Reduction Supervisor BOOM!Health firstname.lastname@example.org
- Nirah Johnson Director of Program Implementation & Capacity Building DOHMH - Viral Hepatitis email@example.com
- Rachel Donohue Patient Care Advocate Kings Specialty Pharmacy firstname.lastname@example.org
- Rebekah Parsons Regional Account Manager OraSure Technologies Inc. email@example.com
- Sheila Reynoso Project Coordinator, HIV/Hepatitis C Montefiore Medical Center firstname.lastname@example.org
- Steven Linick Pharmacy Rep Echo Pharmacy email@example.com
- Tammy Knoblauch Peer Educator Albert Einstein DoSA firstname.lastname@example.org
- Tynisha Malone Supervisor BOOM!Health tmalone@Boomhealth.org
- Umaima Khatun MPH Intern DOHMH - Viral Hepatitis email@example.com