Shellyann Vassell, RN, Chair of the Queens Hep C Task Force and Assistant Nurse Manager at Zucker Hillside Hospital (SVassell@northwell.edu)
Nirah Johnson & Daniel Calder, NYC Health Dept (email@example.com) (firstname.lastname@example.org)
NYC Health Department Hep C Surveillance Update
Angelica Bocour, Viral Hepatitis Surveillance Director, NYC Health Dept (email@example.com)
- There were 7,328 newly reported Hep C cases in 2015.
- Almost two-thirds were male.
- Half were born between 1945-1965.
- The Hep C-related death rate is nearly the same as the HIV-related death rate in 2014.
- View the full presentation.
The Fortune Society - Increasing HIV and Hep C Prevention, Screening, Treatment, and Care for Justice-Involved Individuals
Micaela Linder, The Fortune Society (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- The Fortune Society helps incarcerated or formerly incarcerated people become positive, contributing members of society.
- Services include housing, employment assistance, education, health services, and substance abuse treatment.
- The Fortune Society has a provider toolkit that focuses on reducing HIV and Hep C transmission and improving treatment and care for justice-involved men and women.
- Has 4 hepatologists, 2 nurse practitioners, 1 pharmacist, and 1 registered nurse patient navigator.
- Located at 300 Community Drive, 4 Levitt Manhasset NY, 11030.
- Offering services in Rego Park at the Long Island Jewish Forest Hills Clinic (95-25 Queens Blvd, Rego Park, NY 11374)
- To schedule an appointment, call 516-562-4664.
- Has a 97% Hep C Medication coverage success rate, see a recent presentation on their Prior Authorization Tip here
- View full presentation.
Hep B, Hep C and HIV Screening in Emergency Departments and Ambulatory Care at New York –Presbyterian/Queens Hospital
Jonathan Siegal, MD and Ming-der Chang, Ph.D., New York – Presbyterian/Queens Hospital (email@example.com)
- Purpose of this project is to increase routine testing among NewYork - Presbyterian/Queens Hospital patient population at the Emergency Department and Ambulatory care, and to link patients to care.
- Created a multilingual informational script to guide physician assistants in offering tests to patients, and a special phone line for patients to call for test results.
- Also produced posters and education materials for patients to learn more about Hepatitis.
- 539 Hep C tests and 457 Hep B tests were performed from Jan 2016 to the middle of June. In all those tested, one patient had a positive Hep C RNA test and two patients tested positive for Hepatitis B.
Hep Free NYC Updates
Daniel Calder, NYC Health Department
Press Release | NYC Health Department Highlights New Preliminary Data on Hepatitis B and C in Recognition of Hepatitis Awareness Month
NYC Health Dept Hep B & C Annual Report (2014). NYC Health Department's latest report containing key hepatitis B and C activities and surveillance data through 2014. View full report.
HepCure Webinar | Hep C Treatment for Substance Users
HepCap: NYS DOH funded Hep C care for the uninsured.
EpiQuery: NYC Health Dept online data portal.
Harm Reduction Peer Conference. July 22 (9 AM - 5 PM). Long Island City, NYC.
- Angelica Bocour, Viral Hepatitis Surveillance Director, NYC DOHMH, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Ari Bunim MD, Hepatologist, NY Hospital Queens,email@example.com
- Barbra Villano, Sales Representative, AbbVie, Barbra.firstname.lastname@example.org
- Bo Kwok, Executive Therapeutic Specialist, Gilead Sciences, email@example.com
- Chih Hsin Chiang, Patient Navigator, New York – Presbyterian/Queens Hospital, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Cori Hammond, Intern, The Fortune Society, email@example.com
- Daniel Leyva, Deputy to the President, Latino Commission on AIDS, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Daniel Calder, Outreach Coordinator, DOHMH, email@example.com
- Dennis Camacho, Peer Supervisor, AIDS Center of Queens County
- Diana Diaz Munoz, MPH - Hep C Peer Navigation Program Manager, NYC Dept of Health Viral Hepatitis Program - firstname.lastname@example.org
- Eric Driver, Associate Manager of CTR/Outreach/Hep C, AIDS Service Center NYC, email@example.com
- Esther Fan Melton, Intern, The Fortune Society, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Gail Brown, Policy Advocate, COPE, email@example.com
- Heather Anderson, Associate Director|FOCUS Regional Lead, New York City Gilead, Heather.firstname.lastname@example.org
- Jessica Reinhart, Assistant Director of Community Outreach, AIDS Healthcare Foundation, email@example.com
- Jonathan Siegal MD, New York – Presbyterian/Queens Hospital, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Jose Caraballo, Senior Director, Community Relations Services for the Underserved (SUS), email@example.com
- Leanne Demery, Program Specialist, BronxWorks, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Maria Madrid, Harm Reduction, AIDS Service Center, Maria@ascnyc.org
- Megan Haseltine, Health Program Administrator, NYS DOH AIDS Institute, email@example.com
- Melissa Ip, MA, Communications Coordinator, NYC Health Dept Viral Hepatitis Program (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Micaela Linder, Health Policy Researcher/Educator, The Fortune Society, email@example.com
- Ming-der Chang, Sr. Director, Community Health Initiatives, New York – Presbyterian/Queens Hospital, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Nathalie Abejero, Assistant Director, HIV Services, Central Office NYC Health + Hospitals, email@example.com
- Nick Picarelli, HCV Community Specialist, Gilead, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Nirah Johnson, Director of Program Implementation & Capacity Building, DOHMH, email@example.com
- Paul Bolter, Health Education, American Liver Foundation, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Paula Wong, Educational Outreach Director, H+EAL, email@example.com
- Robert Desrouleauz, Community Liason, Hepatitis C Mentor and Support group, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Shellyann Vassell, RN, Chair of the Queens Hep C Task Force and Assistant Nurse Manager at Zucker Hillside Hospital (SVassell@northwell.edu)
- Shirley Mei, Intern, American Liver Foundation
- Susan Lee, PharmD Northwell Health, email@example.com
- Vanne-Paige Padgett, Outreach/Intake Coordinator, Safe Space-Sheltering Arms, Vpadgett@safespacenyc.org