LOCAL AREA NEWS
PLANNING I DEVELOPMENT I PROPERTY
17 Valentine Street, Haymarket SOLD
The Lutheran Church of Australia has sold its Chinatown warehouse to a private investor for $6.38 million. The deal was brokered by Colliers International’s Paul Fernandes before the expressions of interest campaign closed.
The property was sold with vacant possession, for a price equating to $13,292 per sq m of gross building area.
GENERAL PROPERTY NEWS
Toyota Australia is set to change gears after revealing plans to convert most of its Elizabeth Street retail site into four residential towers with 1000 apartments.
The company has lodged a Development Application to build four towers between 47-68 metres in height on its 7,051sqm Melbourne City Toyota site at 611-681 Elizabeth Street. Read more HERE
CBD 7 South East Light Rail Update
The CBD and South East Light Rail (CSELR) is a major infrastructure project that will transform Sydney.
In preparation for the new CBD and South East Light Rail, early works on roadways will be continuing to take place over the coming months by both the project’s Managing Contractor (Laing O’Rourke) and PPP Contractor (ALTRAC Light Rail). delivering Sydney’s transport system of the future after releasing a detailed construction schedule for the CBD and South East Light Rail project.
Work on the 12-kilometre route will be staged across 31 construction zones with no one zone affected for the entire period.
The key major construction dates include:
- September 2015 - construction access for Moore Park West Corridor
- October 2015 - CBD works start
- January 2016 - start of Randwick branch
- February 2016 - start of Kingsford branch
- August 20016 - start of work in Surry Hills
- September 2016 - release of the first pedestrianized zone in George St
- May 17 - completion of final pedestrian zone block in George St
- September 2017 - start of the final work zone along the route (Elizabeth St to Chalmers St)
- September 2017 - arrival of Light Rail Vehicles
- April 2018 - completion of major civil construction; ongoing works continue to finalise the installation of electronic systems and construction of platforms
- June 2018 - testing commences
The full construction program is available here www.sydneylightrail.com.au. The project is on schedule to be delivered ahead time running in early 2019.
For any urgent concerns or complaints while the works are being undertaken, contact the Transport for NSW 24-hour Construction Response line on 1800 775 465.
Investigation works in the CBD
17 May to 16 July 2015 (Day and night time work)
ALTRAC will be carrying out surveys, geotechnical investigations and potholing in preparation for main construction work, which is set to begin later this year.
Work at any one location will not be continuous and further information to potentially affected properties will be provided throughout the works. Where possible, survey work will occur during standard day time hours to minimise impacts.
Works will involve localised traffic and pedestrian changes including lane closures.
Construction begins in 2015 until 2019/20. More details HERE or find out more HERE
Darling LIVE Update
Upcoming Darling Drive road closures and Harris Street lift works Work is progressing with the new convention, exhibition and entertainment venues and public space upgrades.
Upcoming Darling Drive road closures
To allow us to continue to safely progress the complex activities associated with the construction of the new loading dock, the following temporary changes to Darling Drive (between the Convention Station and Pier Street roundabouts) have been approved by the relevant authorities:
During school terms: Temporary closures (Between 15 June and 28 September)
- Darling Drive southbound – full closure all day and night
- Darling Drive northbound – full closure between midnight Friday and 2pm Monday. Northbound will re-open for the afternoon weekday peak between 2pm and 8pm Monday to Thursday and between 2pm and midnight on Fridays.
- No stopping zones will be extended on Harris Street between 6am and 10am at the following locations to assist with traffic movements in the area:
- Northbound (between Quarry and Allen streets)
- Southbound (50m south of Quarry Street) June/ July school holidays: Temporary closure
- Darling Drive northbound and southbound – full closure all day and night between Saturday 27 June and Sunday 12 July. General construction hours of work
- Hours of work on weekdays are between 7am and 7pm
- Hours of work on weekends are between 7am and 5pm Saturday and between 8am and 5pm on Sunday.
- It is important to note that Darling Drive will remain open between the Pier Street roundabout and Ultimo Road. Harris Street/ Fig Street lift upgrade Work is progressing on the construction of the new lift that will connect Darling Harbour with Pyrmont and Ultimo via the existing Western Distributor walkway from Harris Street and Fig Street.
During the construction period, lift access (either via the existing or new lift) is planned to be maintained at all times however temporary changes to access at this location are required. As previously notified, there will be a period of time where the new lift will need to be accessed via a small number of temporary stairs while a new permanent accessible ramp is built.
This temporary change to access is now scheduled to occur between early July and mid-September 2015.
Advanced warning signage will be installed to inform pedestrians of alternate routes without stairs in the area.
For more information, please contact the DHL Community Engagement Team on 1300 799 026 or firstname.lastname@example.org