Saturday 22 October 2016
Thanks for joining us to the Champagne on Saturday. We go with a large group of over 50 people. Therefore we travel with a spacious 4* double-deck luxury coach with extra leg space. If a friend still wants to join, note there are only a few tickets left (click here).
Please read this email carefully. Most important is to come on time for all departures during the entire day. We have a tight but carefully planned schedule. Our departure is early, but we do need all the time to get to Épernay on time.
We leave from the following pick-up points (see pictures and links below):
- Place Schuman, bus parking next to the KBC and ING banks. Final meeting time 06h30.
- Louise / Toison d'Or. Right in front of Tiffany's. There are several people waiting here and we hold spots for you. Final meeting time is 06h40.
- Gare du Midi, corner Rue de France and Rue de l'Instruction (Ryan Air / Charleroi Airport bus stop). There is just 1 person waiting here Final meeting time is 06h50.
The bus leaves from Place Schuman at 6h45 at the very latest. We arrive at Louise around 6h50 and Midi at 07h00. Still, these times are indicative and we strive for earlier departures. NOTE: if you are not present 5 minutes after the above meeting times we may leave without you.
In case of delay, call or text immediately with 0495-345144 and don't forget to mention your name. You may consider jumping into a taxi (02-220.127.116.11) and going to the Midi departure point as the bus is generally slower! TIP: figure out already on Friday where you should be and just take one bus or metro earlier than you would normally do. Time flies when you wait together and it's much better than being late...
Upon return we stop at the same spots, but we can also drop you anywhere along the route (if traffic conditions allow).
I am looking forward to seeing you on Saturday!
0495-345144 | email@example.com
Our bus from Linden Cars
Boarding procedure: The bus will not be entirely full. However, please observe these procedures to ensure everything goes smooth and that groups and couples can sit together. All seats are comfortable and have lots of leg space; there are no bad seats. Please collaborate to make it a pleasant experience for everyone.
- Sufficient seats will be kept available for those boarding at Louise and Midi. For those boarding at Schuman, please respect these reserved seats.
- There are 2 "table-seats" available with 2x2 seats on each side of the aisle and a table in the middle. Both are reserved so please don't sit there...
- People with reserved seats board first. The three front rows on the upper deck should remain empty for guests who suffer from car sickness. Only if you truly may experience problems, please contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Groups board second
- Couples board third
- Solo travellers board last.
This procedure does not exist to discriminate against solo travellers. It is just really difficult to create space for couples and groups to sit together if solo travellers already occupy many seats everywhere on the bus.
Our programme for the day
Our schedule is carefully planned and we should have enough time to enjoy all destinations. However, a busy programme like this only works if everybody respects the meeting times. A few minutes delay here and there quickly add up. Thank you for your understanding.
- 10h50 Arrival in Épernay (one short coffee stop along the way)
- 11h00 Cellar tour & tasting De Castellane OR Mercier
- 12h40 Departure to Hautvillers
- 13h00 Lunch in Hautvillers at Restaurant de l'Abbaye + free time
- 15h45 Departure to Reims
- 16h30 Cellar Tour & Tasting at Martel Champagne
- 17h45 Departure to down-town and free time
- 20h15 Departure for Brussels
- 23h30 Arrival Gare du Midi (e.t.a.)
- 23h45 Arrival Place Schuman (e.t.a.)