Sunday 1 May 2016
Thank you for joining us on Sunday to Holland for a wonderful trip to the world's most famous flower gardens. The Keukenhof is a stunning park, and as a Dutchman I am proud to introduce you to our national pride, the lovely tulip. The weather forecast says it will be 12 degrees with sunshine. It won't be too warm, but since there are a lot of trees, it may actually be very comfortable in the sunny spots.
At the moment we still have a few last seats available. If a friend still wants to join us, please send him/her to this page and provide also the code TULIPFRIEND for a last minute discount on the current full fare. If you are also interested in our trip to Versailles (final few seats too) the day before (we come back around 01h00), please send me an email and I can still offer you the early-bird fee.
Please read this email carefully. Most important is to come **on time** for departure. We leave from the following pick-up points (see maps and links below):
- Rond-Point / Place Schuman, on the bus stop next to the KBC and ING banks. Meeting time is 08h45.
Note our departure policy. We may leave before 09h00 if we have not heard from you by 08h50. Just like at airports, our "gate closes" 10 minutes before departure. We need to do so to arrive on time at the Keukenhof and to ensure the driver complies with E.U. driving regulations. Just take one bus/tram/metro earlier than you would normally do. There are many others waiting so time really flies. If you fear you're going to be late, make sure to text or call with 0495-345144. I prefer a text message above a voicemail, and make sure to leave your name. For any questions or concerns, don't hesitate to contact me.
0495-345144 or email@example.com
(this is our bus from Lauwers Reizen)
Our programme for the day
Our schedule is carefully planned and we should have enough time to enjoy the entire park. Please note that times may change during the day if required by circumstances.
- 08h45 - Latest meeting time Place Schuman
- 09h00 - Latest departure
- 11h45 - Arrival Keukenhof
- 12h00 - Start guided tour Keukenhof with official guides
- 13h00 - End guided tours & free time
- 16h00 - Departure "whisper boat" tour (meeting time 15h50, behind Windmill, you will not get any tickets, just come there)
- 18h00 - Departure to Brussels
- 20h30 - Estimated arrival in Brussels
LUNCH: No group lunch has been planned. There are several restaurants in the park with many options.
WHISPER BOAT: if you haven't yet confirmed your spot, you may just send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org. We might be able to arrange a spot for you, although the boats are already rather full.
It is not a problem to find parking around Place Schuman, such as in Rue Froissart. It's free for the entire day. Make sure to take your valuables out of the car, and you may want to leave the glove department open. The bus will drop you here in the evening again.
OUR COACH: We travel with a 4* double-decker luxury coach with a professional driver.
* Please keep the on-board toilet clean.
* Don't bring smelly/fatty food and drinks (fries, pizza, milkshakes, etc).
* Be considerate to others (e.g. no loud talking, no strong perfumes etc).
* If you suffer from car-sickness, please request a front-row seat.
* Please ask your host (Edgar) for coach-related questions, not the driver.
* It is customary in Belgium to voluntarily tip the driver (small coins only please, max 1 euro per person for this trip please!)